2021 Harvest Intern
Kevin White Winery is seeking a hardworking and motivated individual to join our team as a harvest intern. Our winery is dedicated to crafting Rhone-style wines from some of the most sought-after vineyards in Washington. This is a paid internship and you will have the opportunity to experience and learn every aspect of winemaking. We are a small team and you will be involved in all winemaking activities, learn from a highly motivated and passionate winemaker, and work with fruit from some of the best vineyards in Washington State.
Ideal candidates have a strong work ethic, are highly dependable, and are passionate about winemaking and the wine industry. Candidates must be flexible to work 7 days a week during the peak of harvest and able to work the entire harvest from approximately late August to early November (season dependent).
RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to the following:
- Assist with the crushing of all fruit
- Assist in pressing wine as fermentations complete
- Cleaning tanks, bins and maintaining highly sanitized equipment
- Punch downs of fermentations
- Fermentation monitoring
- Filling barrels with wine
- Must be available to work mid-August through late November (Depending on vintage).
- Must have a flexible work schedule throughout harvest.
- Organized and detail-oriented, with strong multi-tasking skills
- Flexibility to work until the job gets done during peak periods of harvest
- Able to lift 50 pounds frequently
- Able to stand for long periods on hard and sometimes slippery surfaces
- Work up to seven days a week
- Forklift experience a plus
- Must be qualified for U.S. Employment
Please send your resume along with a brief introduction to email@example.com