Cellar Master and Operations Manager
Kevin White Winery is a boutique, artisan, family-owned winery located in Woodinville, WA dedicated to crafting critically-acclaimed Rhône inspired wines. We are currently seeking a motivated, energetic and dedicated Cellar Master and Operations Manager who will be responsible for the day to day management of all cellar and winery operations.
As Cellar Master you will execute all aspects of winemaking, partner with a highly motivated and passionate winemaker, and work with fruit from some of the best vineyards in Washington State. As Operations Manager, you will keep our winery running day to day.
Candidates should have a passion for wine, a keen attention to detail, and a positive attitude. Previous industry and cellar experience is required.
1. Cellar duties
- Perform all aspects of cellar work year-round, including but not limited to topping and stirring barrels, wine and juice movements, racking and blending, assisting with wine additions
- Execute harvest processes, performing all fruit processing activities, managing fermentations, occasional vineyard grape sampling, and lab work
- Ensure sanitation and cleanliness of the winery and all equipment
- Manage and train harvest intern activities
- Prepare and run bottling days
- Manage quality and safety of wines
2. Operations Manager for the winery
- Run day to day activities of the winery, including but not limited to, responding to customer emails, shipping wine, equipment maintenance
- Organize and execute operations for our release parties and off premise tastings and events
- Manage wine club yearly release and club member requests throughout the year
3. Manage our tasting room
- Run our tasting room inside the winery on Saturday's afternoons.
- Schedule and organize Sunday coverage with our tasting room associates.
- Work to grow our wine club when guests visit during the weekend.
- 2+ years working in a production winery environment
- Experience engaging with customers and selling wine
- Forklift experience in a winery
- Able to lift 50 pounds frequently and more than 50 pounds occasionally
- Organized and detail oriented, with strong self-management skills
- Confident and comfortable pouring wine and engaging with customers in a tasting room
- Flexibility to work until the job gets done during peak periods of harvest
- Self-motivated and willing to assume additional responsibilities.
- Competent using Excel, Word, and similar computer software.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Pay & Benefits:
- Salaried position
- Yearly harvest bonus
- Health insurance stipend
Please send your resume along with a brief introduction to firstname.lastname@example.org